Interview Tips for Applicants
1. Understand the requirements of the position you are interviewing for. Study the minimum requirements and the selection criteria and think of your past or current work experience or qualifications which are related.
2. Be ready to discuss your strengths and your ability to learn from past experiences. Also think about how you could contribute to the work of the Organization and to the specific position you areapplying for.
3. Share information you feel is appropriate and relevant to the job you are interviewing for, or to the Organization.
4. Listen to the question carefully. Keep to the point. Be as specific as possible.
5. Learn as much as you can about the Department and Office you are applying to and the work it does.
6. Practice your answers, although there is no set format that each interview follows, prepare answers to some of the most common questions about strengths and weaknesses.
7. Stay calm. Good preparation is the key to staying in control. Remember that your interviewers are just normal people!
8. Ask questions about anything that is unclear about the position. The interview is your chance to ask all of your questions.